Thursday, June 21

Blech-oli

Literally gagging at my desk.
Currently eating steamed broccoli as part of lunch (I didn't make it - it's from a little deli in my office building).

This is pure torture.

Broccoli is disgusting.

So. A challenge for YOU, Mr./Ms. Reader:

I want to hear from you if you've found a recipe that meets the following criteria:
  1. Includes broccoli as the featured or co-featured ingredient
  2. Is not smothered in cheese
  3. You enjoy this dish so much, or are un-offended enough, that you make it on a regular basis

Bonus points if you are a person who DOESN'T LIKE broccoli.

Aaaaand, GO!


5 comments:

  1. I have always loved broccoli, so no points for me. But I think it's best in a sauce, where it soaks up all the flavor. Some wonderful stir-fry sauce, perhaps.

    Also, it's crucial that it's crisp-tender, not overcooked. Mushy broccoli is ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you- HATE broccoli. The smell of it makes me want to hurl. The only way I'll make it for Dan is in the frozen steamer bags so I don't have to handle it or smell it.

    Also, the smell of hard-boiled eggs grosses me out in the same way. And ranch dressing. I have a weird thing with smells.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried roasting it? And maybe sprinkle some crispy bacon on top after it comes out of the oven or maybe a balsamic drizzle? Kind of like the way you do your kale. Chop. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, a little red pepper if you want some spice. But cook at 400 for about twenty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love broccoli. Try this. You can buy broccoli slaw at the store. Add any kind of dressing you like with other veggies and sunflower seeds. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roast it!!!! We roast it with a little olive oil and garlic salt. I HATE BROCCOLI! I like it this way...

    ReplyDelete