Saturday, January 9

Platform 9 3/4

I found this article with 101 free things to do in London, and I'm going to check off two each week I'm in town. Ambitious? Maybe! Too ambitious? Also a maybe! But after one whole week I am still on track. Yesterday I visited the Museum of London (proper post later), and today was...

Platform 9 3/4 from Harry Potter at King's Cross Station! 


Because we're nerdy like that :)

They have prop scarfs for each Hogwarts house (I chose Ravenclaw, though I'll admit I'm not actually sure which house I'd be) and two very enthusiastic, probably-getting-paid-minimum-wage staff members to help you stage photos that look like you're running or jumping through to the platform. You can see one of them throwing Britton's scarf in the last photo. It's all free! You can, of course, buy your "professional" photo at the gift shop located just steps away for the low-low price of £9.50 (currently $13.75). Thanks but no thanks, FREE is just fine with me!

Wouldn't mind running into Neville these days, either. Mmmmmmm...







No comments:

Post a Comment