Sunday, November 22

Borough Market in Seven Photos

There's not a lot I can say about Borough Market that the internet doesn't already know. So instead, I'm dropping some photos here and calling it a day.

I did learn that Borough Market has been in operation in roughly the same area in some form or another for *literally* 1,000 years, which convinces me that my history courses were focused on the wrong things if such a glaring omission was permitted year after year.

Anywho, to quickly sum-up, wandering around Borough Market is definitely a fun way to spend an afternoon. If and when I go back, I'll hope to have a recipe ideas at the ready — there is a lot of local produce (here it's called "fruit and veg") and I would love to start buying local again! At the moment I still feel like we're in catch-up mode as we rebuild a pantry and figure out routines. ("Hey what's for dinner?" "I dunno, what have we got?" "Uummmm... yogurt and tomato paste." "Well, f---.")

Okay. No more typing.

Borough Market:


Borough Market Vendor

Scotch Egg from Borough Market

Borough Market

Borough Market Vegetable Basket

The Shard overlooking Borough Market in London

River Thames near Borough Market in London


No comments:

Post a Comment