Tuesday, July 24

European Adventure - Prologue

This will probably be a quick note - more an acknowledgement of having time to myself for a moment than a blog post. Plus, I'm still at my office and I love using the LARGE screen instead of my laptop. Ah, the spoils of doing Good Work.

To say I am excited to finally get to Europe is an enormous understatement. I'm ecstatic, elated, jubilant! But it has all been overshadowed up until now by all of the other Big Life Events - whether they're in my life or another's.

My previous post outlines that pretty well. Since deciding a few weeks ago that we're going to Europe on Sunday, we have been flying through life at full speed - celebrating, traveling, packing moving, dancing, running, talking, planning. It's been tough, frankly, to sit back with the fiancee and remember that we are about to make this big, important leap together and isn't that wonderful! More on our minds is preparing and mapping and trying not to step on each other as we each learn how to live in a shared space again.

(B and I have known from the beginning we're a pretty classic "opposites attract" story. Introvert meets extrovert; left-brained tries to apply logic to right-brained conversations; impatient vs. calm and collected. Planning this trip has brought those to light even more - how we plan, how we want to travel, how we process information is all pretty conflicting.)

I'm grateful that we have a few days to chill out before everything picks up again so that we can really focus on our trip, and on us. (Friday is our Big Day and Saturday will be filled with family and packing, then Sunday morning we head out for NYC before boarding the plane to London!) Hopefully we can sit, discuss, nail down a final itinerary.

I am planning to blog as best I can while we're traveling. My guess is it'll be spotty at best - we have a pretty agressive country list to get through - but if you want to follow, this and Facebook will probably be the place to do it!

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment