Monday, January 7

Sorry, we just bought a car.

Have you ever watched the BBC show "Top Gear?" It's hosted by three (British) funny-guys and they talk about cars, car parts, and how to drive cars. Somehow despite the incessant insistence on that topic, they are really entertaining! B loves it.

He also loves just about every car in it - Aston Martins, Ferraris, Nissans. It's been our little joke that he'll look over and say "WANT" while he reaches at the screen like a four-year-old to an ice cream cone. I usually then ask the price and he stops insisting quite so much. So, if you're ever in need of something to buy him...

Anyway, I'm rambling about this because I have a new come-back line to replace the question of price. Now I can simply ask him, "would you like to drive MY new car?" The reaction is about the same... because by "new" I really mean "old." We have officially bought my little Civic off of my parents.

So... that checkbox hit me right in the face! I'd forgotten that buying a car was on my list, probably because when I put it there I meant it in a much more buy-a-BRAND-NEW-car way. But seeing as Hondas tend to last forever and I only have 3.5 years left til 30 (gulp! - how did THAT happen?!) this is pretty much it! Another step towards competent adulthood. Give-or-take the fact that I filed my title papers on the last. possible. day. And that my car sat with the old plates for another 10 days after that (no, I didn't drive it). And that the "Maint. Req'd" light has been flashing when I turn the car on for the last month or so.

So, er, happy "new" car to me! Hopefully it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment