Saturday, June 18

Update: #8 - Not going so well.

Let me explain.

I made a dress to wear to my birthday dinner a few weeks back. (I'll post a pic soon!) I like it well enough but if I am completely honest with myself, I won't wear it that often. That means I can't in good conscience check this one off.

Why, you ask? Two main reasons:
1. It's shoddy craftsmanship. I got anxious to finish and it shows, from the zipper being uneven to not hemming it and quite a few places in between. When you start looking closer, you wouldn't wear it, either.
2. It's dressy enough that I would want to wear it somewhere nice. Dinner or a banquet or something. Trouble is I don't get to many of those in my old age. And if I were attending one, I probably need to look professional at the same time... which means your bra strap can't sneak out (they're conniving little buggers!).

So I begin fresh! New pattern, amazingly wonderful fabric from Bon Bon Atelier, and a refreshed excitement to check off an item! The picture in this post is the main fabric that I'm using. I hope to post more progress pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment