Tuesday, March 29

A note of clarification

I was chatting with my novio tonight and he accused me of the unthinkable! He claimed I had already completed things from my list, but hadn't checked them off. I was astounded. I questioned our relationship for a mere moment...

Until he rattled off the one to which he was referring, and it turns out it's true! I have already done one of the things on my list. BUT that doesn't mean I get to check it off. You see, that would be cheating!

Since I started my 30 Before 30 list there have been a few unofficial rules that I've casually adhered to. I feel they need to be out in the open if this blogger-reader relationship is to continue in a transparent, trusting manner. (Also, they're subject to change at any time, so I don't feel cornered.)

The first rule is that the tasks must be fresh and new; no official plans can have been made before the item is put on the list. For example, I couldn't add "Ride in the MS 150" because the novio and I are already planning to do that this September - the registration fee has been submitted. However, as is the case with tonight's confrontation, I can add things that I have already done if I want to do them again. The catch is that it has to be something I wouldn't normally do, something that is still just an idea or dream.

The second rule is I can add to the list but only if it's cooler than something else on the list. I've yet to run in to this problem. It took me a loooooong time to put those last three ideas down, and I haven't thought of anything else yet. (Though, suggestions are always entertained!) [Side note: While I was writing my list, this rule would have been no looking at other people's lists before yours is finished. The 30B430 List should be things that YOU truly want to do, so go do some soul-searching and keep your eyes on your own paper!]

The third rule, no retroactive list-checking! If it turns out I had amnesia as a child and my parents burned all of the pictures from our wonderful, Ellen-centric trip to Disneyworld, that's too bad! No checking! I have to go again so that all of the suppressed feelings towards Donald Duck come rushing back in a wave of confusion and oversized pretzels. (If that's even what they have at Disneyworld... are there pretzels at Disneyworld?)

There will probably be more rules to come and/or go. But for now, three unofficial and relatively flexible rules will do.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, there are pretzels at Disney. Oversized soft ones.. and fun hard ones in the shape of Mickey ears! I love your list! Buena Suerte!

    ReplyDelete